Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Apartment Birds

The past few days I've been noticing birds hanging out under the bush right against my window. Yesterday there was a robin that was chilling down there until it noticed that I was sitting just a few feet away (in my apartment). Then it got a bit worried and eventually flew up to the window to check me out, got freaked, and flew off. After relating that story to Megan she suggested that I put some bird seed out under the bush to help distract me more from work. I had been thinking about doing that anyway and I guess that nudge was enough to get me to do it, because this morning I tossed a bit of seed out the window.

So far the only birds I have seen eating on it have been several juncos. They've flown in and out a couple of different times. Actually, I'm not sure if they were the same birds - one group had four and the next time I only noticed two, so it could have been a partial return or a different group. Just a few minutes ago a hummingbird flew up to my window and looked in. That was pretty exciting but I doubt that it had much to do with the seed I put out.

No comments: