Friday, June 27, 2008

Raven


I've been excited to have my new camera and actually be able to get decent pictures of birds, so I've been going around town like a dorky tourist and taking pictures of everything. (Have been taking pictures of flowers and general scenery as well.)

This raven (Corvus corax) was hanging out just down the hill from my brother's house in Sitka. I believe it is a juvenile as it appears to have a pinkish gape at the corner of its mouth still.

Ravens are really cool birds so of course I was interested in photographing one, but I also like all the moss on the roof of this building.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great catch :) Even without the little pink gape, he just looks sort of awkward doesn't he? Like he hasn't quite figured out how to comb his own hair yet ;)

Looking forward to seeing more shots with the new cam!

Jonathan said...

Thanks. Yeah, he's definitely got a bit of a fuzzy head.