Tuesday, May 26, 2009

East Side of the Mountains



My hands are starting to recover a bit so I intend to start posting some from my recent trips, though still will probably not type too much.

The other week while taking time off from work to recuperate I did a bit of exploring south of Ellensburg. On the weekend we did some tracking near Wenatchee and near Snoqualmie Pass.

This picture is from the camping trip near Ellensburg. There were quite a few fancy flowers in bloom, hopefully I will get around to identifying them and posting about them later. The weather was good though a bit cooler than I was expecting - particularly with the wind. I managed to collect a couple of ticks, not surprising considering the places I was exploring, but didn't get as many as I did the following weekend.

2 comments:

possum59 said...

Nice view...I like skipping across the mountains. It's a different world over there.

Jonathan said...

Yeah, it's cool to be able to take a shortish drive and be in such a different place.